- 2 cups mixed nuts of your choosing
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fancy molasses ( or option to replace with maple syrup)
- 1 egg white
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine your nuts and spices and toss until the nuts are coated in the spices.
- Add the molasses and stir to coat all the nuts evenly
- In a separate bowl, whisk your egg white briskly until frothy.
- Add your sliced nuts to the bowl with the frothed egg white and toss to coat evenly
- Spread the nuts out into one even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the nuts have darkened and are fragrant
You can enjoy these spiced nuts by themselves. Packaged in little jars or cellophane bags, they make for an excellent holiday gift. But if you’re looking to enjoy these nuts in other ways, here are some ideas:
- As a topping for ice cream
- As decoration on cupcakes or around a cake
- Topping for a dessert cup like mousse
- Layering in a parfait
You can watch the video for how to make this recipe and others on my IGTV
Happy Holidays and Happy Baking!!